Sunday 13 May 2012

MALLY SKOK - prints and ikat!


Referring to my previous post on colour,  and inspired by Mally Skok's fabric - 'Samode' in taupe/yellow,  I couldn't resist looking for more in this lovely colour combination. Mustard, taupe, grey and brown -  these colours merge together so effortlessly.
And I just love the dinner-ware above!


The gorgeous dress below, again, using the same colour combination.

Marni


'Kass' in yellow from Kravet 



Laura Egbi - 'simple treasures'



Gingko leaves

My current penchant, is for ethnic prints and ikat.  Mally Skok's  'Samode' (see below) is a favourite.   Visit Mally's website here to see more of her fabrics - her ikat collection is wonderful and she recently launched her 'Africa' collection. 
Although I have not met Mally, except through social media, I knew her sister in Cape Town and we have numerous mutual friends there.    Impressive however,  is the successful launching of her fabric range in the USA.  A great achievement.  I had a look for her fabrics here in Australia, and discovered that they are available through Tigger Hall  in Melbourne. 
I have also been introduced to glorious new textiles by cloth and kind.  Please visit Krista's beautiful blog







No comments:

Post a Comment